The National Frame Building Association’s (NFBA) Frame Building Expo offers value for everyone — and at all levels of the post-frame building industry.
That’s why NFBA wants you to “Bring the Whole Crew!” to its nationwide convention and trade show, which takes place February 17–19, 2010, at the Kentucky Convention Center in Louisville. Registration for the Frame Building Expo is now open, and attendees who register by January 21 will receive the best rates.
Company owners and management will find the Expo’s educational sessions enlightening and the opportunity to network with other industry leaders invaluable. Architects, engineers and other design professionals can attend a post-frame diaphragm design course taught by NFBA Technical Advisor Harvey Manbeck, PE PhD and Professor Emeritus at Penn State University.
Crew members will enjoy fun and friendly competition in show floor batting cages that are new this year, along with the nail-pounding and screw-driving competitions. All attendees will learn about the latest and greatest products through live product demonstrations and new product showcases.
Also new this year are live product demos from industry suppliers on the industry’s latest and greatest products, plus daily prize drawings and other exciting events on the trade show floor. The convention will feature more than 120 exhibitors, plus hospitality events featuring entertainment and beverages.
In addition to Dr. Manbeck, this year’s Expo will feature outstanding construction industry specific speakers and more than 25 hours of educational programming conducted by academic faculty and industry experts on various topics related to business, management, sales, marketing, safety issues and design. (Please see the conference brochure included in the center of this issue.)
How grand it is
The Expo begins on Wednesday, February 17, with a grand opening session and annual business meeting featuring news about NFBA. Topics include announcements regarding the most recent developments of the Post-Frame Marketing Initiative — NFBA’s marketing program to grow the post-frame industry. Plan on attending the NFBA awards luncheon, where several NFBA-member companies will be presented with the coveted Building of the Year and three individuals will be recognized with Rural Builder Hall of Fame Awards.
On Thursday, February 18, the Expo’s keynote presenter, author, syndicated columnist, and construction industry insider Paul Montelongo, will instruct attendees to “Harness the Business Power in You.” The annual “Christians in Construction” breakfast will take place Friday, February 19, from 7 to 8:30 a.m.
A grand prize drawing will be held at the Expo’s close on Friday to win a three-night hotel stay and full registration for two to the 2011 Frame Building Expo.
Expo attendance is free for builders, building material dealers, design professionals and others who do not manufacture products. Educational programs require additional fees; Manufactures and suppliers must purchase passes to attend the trade show. Attendees can also earn continuing education and NFBA Accreditation Units (NAUs) to help their company get closer to achieving the Accredited Post-Frame Builder designation.
The Frame Building Expo is an investment in your most valuable asset — your employees. Plan to be in Louisville if you are looking to grow your business, learn new building techniques and tips, and meet builders, suppliers, code officials and other post-frame industry professionals.
To register to attend Frame Building Expo or for more information, please visit the NFBA Web site at www.nfba.org, or call NFBA Headquarters at 800-557-6957.
2010 Highlights: Topics and events you don’t want to miss
Wednesday, February 17
• Construction Liability Insurance: Pitfalls, Gaps and Traps
• Architectural considerations of Standing-Seam Roof Installations
• Designing with SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels)
• Financing for Your Business
• Cool Metal Roofing: Facts, Fiction and the Future
• Clearing the Air about Roof Ventilation Material
• Managing Difficult Personalities in the Workplace
• Reflective Products: Energy-Saving Solutions
for Post-Frame Buildings
• Grow Your Business/Expand your Customer Base
• NFBA Awards Luncheon
• Special Session: Post-Frame Diaphragm Design Course, Part 1
Thursday, February 18
• Keynote Presentation, Paul Montelongo
• Getting Your Phone to Ring
• Post-Frame Building Performance
• Advancements in Post-Frame Fastener Technology
• New Foundation Options for Post-Frame Buildings
• Load Tracking, from Surfaces to Soil
• Solar Made Simple and Profitable
• Proposed Legislation Changes/Focus on Safety
• How Shear Walls Change Ground Line Movement of Post-Frame
• Transferring Your Business for the Highest Economic Benefit
• Special Session: Post-Frame Diaphragm Design, Part II
• Screw-Driving Competition
Friday, February 19
• Plain Truth about Corrosion Resistance — Pretreatment and Painting of Metal Substrates; Corrosion in Fasteners;
Effects of Acid Rain on Metal Roofing
• How to Promote Low-Cost, Sustainable “Green” Buildings
• How to Design 2- and 3-Hour Rated Post Frame Wall Assemblies
• Nail-Pounding Competition
• Grand Prize Drawing