National Frame Building Association is offering a free educational module, Diaphragm Design of Post-Frame Building Systems. The six-sessions begin with an introduction of post-frame building systems, and continue with diaphragm design theory for post-frame systems.
A comprehensive, real-world structural design example includes detailed calculations for structural loads, roof diaphragm and shear wall design, sidewall post, and girt and purlin design. The comprehensive example concludes with design of key connections and specification of lateral wind bracing.
Each session includes a PowerPoint presentation complete with scripted instructor notes and a student textbook.
Session topics are:
• Introduction to Post-Frame Systems
• Post-Frame Design: Two-Dimensional Frame Method and Post Foundation Design
• Diaphragm Design of Post-Frame Building Systems: Theoretical Basis and Sway/Shear Modifier Method
• Diaphragm Design of Post-Frame Building Systems: Rigid Roof and DAFI Methods
• Diaphragm Design of Post-Frame Building Systems: Comprehensive Design Example (Part I)
• Diaphragm Design of Post-Frame Building Systems: Comprehensive Design Example (Part II)
For details and to order the free module, visit www.PostFrameAdvantage.com.
Also in this issue of Frame Building News:
More ways to get the job done: New Product profiles
Got good barn stuff? Here’s everything a great barn is made of
The Next Phase of Green Building:
The International Green Construction Code and what it means
It helps to know local realtors, says RAM Buildings manager-designer
Progress takes center stage
Perma-Column, Schweiss, Weyerhaeuser, others in the news