Nominations are now being accepted for the NFBA Building of the Year Award.
Any building designed and erected in a safe manner by a member of the National Frame Building Association that utilizes post-frame construction in a minimum of 50% of the building structure will be eligible. Buildings must have been completed during the current year and have an erector/contractor who has been an NFBA member builder at least 6 months prior to the contest.
Official entry kits are due December 3, with judging to take place in December and the winners recognized at the Frame Building Expo Awards Luncheon Wednesday, March 2.
Building categories include:
- Agricultural Storage and/or Workshops
- Commercial (under 5,000 sq. ft.)
- Commercial (5,000-10,000 sq. ft.)
- Commercial (over 10,000 sq. ft.)
- Hobby Shops
- Horse Barns / Facilities (under 3,000 sq. ft.)
- Horse Barns / Facilities (3,000 – 10,000 sq. ft.)
- Horse Barns / Facilities (over 10,000 sq. ft.)
- Housing / Homes/ Residential (homes, apartments, other single or multi-family dwellings)
- Industrial (manufacturing and processing facilities)
- Institutional (Churches, Schools, Non-Profit, Government and other public buildings)
- Livestock Facilities
- Retrofit / Remodel (renovation and remodel of existing buildings)
- Suburban Garages (residential garages only)
[Commercial categories may include retail establishments such as shops, repair, hotels, motels, warehousing and retail outlets besides strip malls.]
Judges awards will include:
- Most Unique Post-Frame Application
- Best Engineering
- Commercial Unique
- Judge’s Special
Entry kits can be obtained online at http://www.nfba.org.