Kolbe & Kolbe will be offering an opportunity to tour architectural icons in Wisconsin at a one-and-a-half day event targeted to architects. “Architectural Influences: Exploring Elements of Sustainable Design,” allows architects to qualify for two health, safety and welfare credits and one sustainable design credit, which will be recorded with the AIA.
Kolbe’s “Architectural Influences” AIA/CES event includes:
* Tour of Taliesin in Spring Green, Wis.: visit the famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s home, private studio, and the campus of The Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture
* Tour of Aldo Leopold Legacy Center in Baraboo, Wis.: explore one of the highest-ranking LEED buildings in North America
* Tour of Cardinal® Float Glass Plant in Portage, Wis. – watch the process of sand, limestone and other materials as they become glass for windows and doors
* Tour of Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork in Wausau, Wis.: follow the process of custom window and door manufacturing
* Presentation of “Finishing Touches: Enhancements, Options & Trends for Windows and Doors”
* Review of Kolbe’s product series – learn how they can meet the needs of nearly any project
* Presentation of Kolbe’s 3-D Revit and Google SketchUp window and door models: see how building information models (BIM) allow for greater design flexibility
Upcoming dates for Kolbe’s “Architectural Influences” AIA/CES event are:
* June 6-7
* July 18-19
* Aug. 22-23
* Sept. 26-27
* Oct. 17-18
Tours are limited to groups of 10 or less and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Kolbe’s Training and Tour Department at 715-847-0707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.