Post-Frame Diaphragm Design Course
8:00 a.m.— 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 1, 2011
2011 Frame Building Expo – Preconference Workshop
Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis
Register by calling 800-557-6957
Who should attend:
- Architects who would like greater understanding of post-frame building technology.
- Professional engineers seeking to deepen their understanding of post-frame structural design.
- Architecture and Engineering students who want to focus on wood design and building technology.
- Earn AIA credit.
- Increase your knowledge of post-frame structural design.
- Learn how to best apply post frame to your commercial building projects.
Dr. Harvey B. Manbeck is Professor Emeritus of Agricultural Engineering at Penn State University and Technical Advisor to the National Frame Building Association.
On March 1, 2011 the National Frame Building Association will hold a concentrated workshop on post-frame diaphragm design. The workshop, led by Dr. Harvey Manbeck, is an introduction to the structural design of post-frame building systems for engineers and architects.
Participants should have a basic understanding of structural mechanics, wood structural design, and the provisions of the National Design Specifications for Wood Construction.
The course covers the conceptual and theoretical basis for diaphragm design, including the Rigid Roof Method and the computer-aided Diaphragm and Frame Interaction design method.
Participants should bring laptop computers or handheld calculators. Continental breakfast is included.
Advanced registration is required:
- National Frame Building Association (NFBA) member: $200
- Nonmember: $300
- Student (ID required): $100
For more visit www.nfba.org.