When it comes to metal roofing, oftentimes projects materialize that require a second look. Metal allows builders to incorporate colors and designs that would not have had such an impressive outcome with any other material. Portable roll forming manufacturer New Tech Machinery, located in Denver, Colorado, recently came across a project that just had to be shared.
Affectionately nicknamed The Turtle Building, The Tribal Housing Project belonging to the Lumbee Tribe in North Carolina, is a unique building recently adorned with a new metal roof. The project featured New Tech Machinery equipment including: the Tapered Panel Machine, the Tapered Slitter Machine and the SSQ roof panel machine. The panel ran was the SSQ210A 2” Armco Panel Profile.
The original building architect was Native American Design Service and the general contractor was Metcon. The panels were supplied by Construction Metal Products, which ran panels on their New Tech Machinery equipment right on the jobsite. The specialty Tapered Panel and Tapered Slitter machines were provided by Machine Design and Manufacturing, based in Michigan. The installation was completed by Baker Roofing.
Overall, the metal roof project totaled 25,600 square feet completed in 22 gauge material on Colonial Red. New Tech Machinery is proud to have their award-wining products associated with innovative projects such as this.
The Lumbee Tribe of N.C. Tribal Housing Project
- Manufacturer: Construction Metal Products, Inc.
- Installation Contractor: Baker Roofing
- Address: 517 Mercury Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
- Telephone: 919-828-2975
- Owner: Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina
- Building Name & Location: Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina, 6984 NC Hwy 711, West Pembroke, NC 28372
- Architect: Native American Design Service
- Address:O. Box 2879, Pembroke, NC 28372
- Telephone: 910-521-0020
- General Contractor: Metcon Inc.
- Address:O. Box 1149, Pembroke, NC 28372
- Telephone: 910-374-5619
- Area of metal roof: 25,600 square feet
- Approved and applied: CMP S-2500 16” 22 gauge Tapered and Straight Colonial Red Panel SSQ210A 2” Armco Panel Profile.