New Tech Machinery announced the addition of an integral Snap Lock feature for the NTM SS450 profile.
The addition of this feature greatly increases the locking strength of the standard SS450 Profile. It can be engaged to form the SS450/SL Integral Snap Lock bead down the entire length of the panel or disengaged to form the standard SS450 profile that relies only on the clip for locking strength.
The Snap Lock feature comes standard with all new SS450/450SL roller systems and is available for all SS450 roller systems produced before January 2008.
Englert offers continuing education course for architects
Englert is offering members of the American Institute of Architects a new one-hour continuing education credit entitled “Metal Roofing And the Environment: Staying On Top For The Future.”
The AIA CEU show architects and specifiers how they can earn more than 12 LEED credits for energy savings, recycling and water conservation without looking beyond the roof of a building. The presentation also takes a look at what government, the design community and manufacturers are doing to make metal a viable environmental solution now and for the future.
For more information, circle readers service number 10.
Chem Link repackages sealants
Chem Link presented a newly designed packaging system for its line of high performance, environmentally friendly sealants. The new cutaway cartons replace the boxes that held the 24 packs of 10.1-ounce cartridges.
The top portion of the cartons can be quickly removed for display on shelves or racks, allowing easy removal of tubes. Colorful graphics highlight the sealants’ uses and the company’s Contractor Driven Promise. The packaging is designed to provide better availability and information at the point of purchase.
ABC Supply repeats as great workplace winner
For the second consecutive year, ABC Supply Co. Inc. has been honored with a Gallup Great Workplace Award. The company is one of only 20 worldwide to receive the 2008 award.
The Gallup Great Workplace Awards recognize the best-performing work forces in the world and are based on the most rigorous workplace research ever conducted. Companies considered for the award were evaluated by a panel of workplace experts, who compared each company’s results to those of thousands of work teams all over the world. The 2008 awards were presented at the Gallup Summit on May 14 in Omaha, Neb
“We are humbled to again stand alongside such an outstanding group of companies,” says David Luck, chief executive officer and president of ABC Supply. “This award belongs to our 5,800 associates across the United States. They make ABC Supply a great place to work. They come in every day committed to helping our customers succeed by treating them with respect and making it easy for them to do their jobs.
“It was always Ken Hendricks’ dream that ABC Supply would become the best company in America to work for,” Luck says, referring to ABC Supply’s founder, who died in December 2007. “He was so proud to receive this award last year and would have been thrilled to be recognized again. We will accept this award in his honor and celebrate collectively this milestone on the road to achieving his goal.”
S-5! names new dealer
Conergy America has become an authorized distributorship for Metal Roof Innovation’s S-5! line of clamps for standing seam metal roofs. Conergy, as one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of solar energy products and services worldwide will also distribute the S-5! PV clamps, designed to be used with the S-5! Mini clamps.
“We’re very pleased to be able to offer the S-5! mini and PV hold down clamps to our customers,” says Don Massa, product manager for Conergy Mounting Systems. “The S-5! clamps are the industry standard for non-penetrating attachment to standing seam metal roofs. With Conergy’s knowledge, experience and expertise in PV systems and S-5!’s expertise with these popular roof types, we’re looking forward to partnership that will be highly beneficial for both companies.”
MeTecno USA wraps testing of insulated sound reduction panel
MeTecno USA completed product testing for the 600 Series panels. The 600 Series panels are produced using MeTecno USA’s continuous mineral wool production line in Modesto, Calif., the only one of its kind in North America. The line produces panels of unsurpassed quality, consistency and volume. The 600 Series includes two fire-rated versions, the 640 FR and 660 FR, as well as two sound reduction versions known as the 640 QT and 660 QT.
The 660 FR, a 6-inch thick mineral wool core panel, recently passed the requirements for a two-hour rating per ASTM E-119 (Standard Test Method for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials). The test was conducted using hidden clips with through fasteners. This new and improved method of attaching the panels to the structure allows for much quicker installation with much higher resistance to negative wind loading.
• MeTecno USA launched its quarterly customer newsletter on each of its division’s websites in late March.
The quarterly newsletter, MeTecno News, gives customers the opportunity to stay informed with MeTecno USA. Customers will be able to learn more about upcoming products, projects, events and other important news from all four MeTecno USA Divisions: API (www.apipanel.com), ASI (www.alumashield.com), Benchmark (www.benchmarkpanels.com) and Morin (www.morincorp.com).
Central States adds detailing department
Central States Manufacturing has announced the addition of a new detailing department. Located in Lowell, Ark., this department offers support services to its sales force at all four locations. It allows the company to offer customers a variety of services including Mini Storage Quotes, Roof Take-offs, and Wall Take-Offs with a short turnaround time.
“We recognize that expanding our services is the best way to help our customers grow. Our estimating department allows us to perform a time-consuming task for our customers, freeing them to grow their business,” says Shane Johnson, detailing manager for Central States.
Classic acquires Kassel & Irons
Classic Products of Piqua, Ohio, acquired the Kassel & Irons business unit from Precoat Metals of St. Louis. Kassel & Irons is a manufacturer of residential metal roofing with the KasselWood steel shingle roofing system as its flagship product.
KasselWood combines Precoat’s unique metal finishing process with precise engineering to create a product known for beauty and durability.
According to Classic president Todd Miller, Kassel & Irons will continue to operate as its own business unit, selling products through independent distributors and dealers worldwide. The KasselWood product consists of 8×40-inch locking steel shingle panels, specially formed and coated to provide homeowners with the look of wood shake roofing. Designed for low weight and strength, KasselWood can be installed over most existing roofs. A full complement of matching accessories completes the system.
TAMKO opens new warehouse
TAMKO Building Products recently opened a new warehouse in Rock Hill, S.C., a full-service facility with the ability to handle customer pick-ups as well as full truckload shipments.
The Rock Hill Warehouse stocks a complete line of residential and commercial roofing, waterproofing, cements and coatings and ventilation products.
Firestone opens Florida center
Firestone Metal Products Company opened a state-of-the-art facility and distribution center in Miramar, Fla., relocating from a smaller facility in Pompano Beach, Fla. The new location will allow considerable room for growth and provides a strategic location to efficiently reach numerous shipping ports on the east and west coasts of the state.
The plant will produce and distribute the complete line of “Una-Clad by Firestone” painted steel and aluminum, anodized aluminum, mill finish aluminum, galvanized, Galvalume, stainless steel and copper roofing panel, sheet and coil products. The plant’s increased capabilities will allow it to provide roll-formed products more quickly while offering freight savings to customers.
• Firestone Building Products and Eastern Architectural Representatives of Woburn, Mass., together donated $10,000 to the Foundation Friends Program of the North/East Roofing Educational Foundation, Inc. Firestone and Eastern Architectural Representatives presented this year’s contribution to the Foundation during a reception held at the 2008 North/East Roofing Contractors Association annual convention and trade show in Atlantic City, N.J.
DeWalt supports regional equipment-theft summits
DeWalt will support the 2008 Regional Equipment Theft Summits organized by FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association and the National Equipment Register, a national database of equipment ownership.
There will be 10 educational summits held in various cities throughout the U.S. to provide product demonstrations, seminars and advice on how to effectively reduce the growing occurrence of equipment theft.
The 2008 Summits bring together law enforcement officials, equipment owners and insurers to provide educational sessions from industry experts on theft prevention and recovery. Police officers will receive training on equipment identification techniques including a hands-on equipment demonstration. Additionally, attendees can demo the latest theft prevention and recovery technologies.
Regional Summits are free to attend and will be held in the following cities in 2008: Dallas, Los Angeles, Denver, Hartford, Conn., Atlanta, Miami, Houston, NY/NJ, Cincinnati and St. Louis. For more information and for specific dates of the 2008 Regional Equipment Theft Summits, please visit the NER website at www.nerusa.com.
Centria honored for green practices
Centria has been awarded the 2008 Shades of Green Leadership Awards in the business category presented by the Green Building Alliance. The GBA is a nonprofit organization that supports the use of green buildings and green building products in Western Pennsylvania. Centria won the Green Leadership Award for the business category and was recognized for its work on a revolutionary new solar technology to the building industry. (Metal Roofing Magazine, December 2007-January 2008).
Centria also introduced a new brochure that showcases the company’s wide variety of high-quality coating systems, full palette of colors and extensive range of substrates and textures. Centria offers the Prismatic, Sundance and Brilliant series colors in addition to the Duracast Textured Finish System and a selection of other coating systems. The series colors range from subtle earth tones to vivid brights, all of which can meet even the most demanding environmental conditions. The brochure also presents Centria’s color matching technology where, through a partnership with coating manufacturer Valspar, Centria is able to provide a fast turnaround on even the most unique or unusual of color matches. For a copy of the new brochure visit www.centria.com
• Polyglass USA recently opened Polyschool, its new, state-of-the-art training facility in Winter Haven, Fla. The Polyschool facility is dedicated to educating industry professionals about the various roofing systems Polyglass manufactures for both commercial and residential applications and incorporates a curriculum of half-day to three-day seminars that include hands-on demonstrations. For more information, visit www.polyglass.com.
• Jarden Zinc Products announced IMETCO will be the exclusive distributor of Jarden’s solid zinc strip for architectural applications under the AmeriZinc trade name. IMETCO will supply AmeriZinc coil and flat stock, completely mined and produced in the United States, to the construction market in a variety of widths and gauges. AmeriZinc also is available as a material selection for several of IMETCO’s metal architectural products, such as its Series 300 standing seam metal roofing system.
• W.P. Hickman Company is providing stainless steel fasteners as a standard component with all of its perimeter edge metal systems at no additional charge to customers. Hickman has shipped fasteners with its products for years and manufactures its edge products with holes pre-punched for use with the fasteners. Stainless steel fasteners are effective in resisting the corrosive nature of Alkaline Copper Quaternary (ACQ), a wood preservative increasingly being used throughout the construction.
• Capital Safety, home of the DBI-SALA and Protecta brands, announces the opening of a new, state-of-the-art, fall protection training facility in Houston. Located near the George Bush International Airport, the 7,000-square-foot facility is easily accessible to the people and companies in need of fall protection training. Combined with the Red Wing, Minn., training center, Capital Safety’s fall protection training facilities account for the largest footprint of such facilities across America. The new facility, which is now open for classes, offers a wide variety of fall protection courses, including competent person, authorized person, qualified person, program administrator, rescue, tower climber and confined space courses, among others. Class schedules are available online at www.capitalsafety.com.