The American Institute of Architects re-launched its AIA Documents-on-Demand service, a web-based service for both PC and MAC users that grants easy online access to download, electronically fill out and print 16 of the most popular AIA Contract Documents. This latest version is particularly well-suited for small practitioners and MAC users.
AIA Documents-on-Demand now allows users to populate some data fields on AIA Contract Documents with Adobe Reader software. This is an upgrade over previous versions that required a user to print out a paper document and complete it with a pen or typewriter.
“The AIA is re-launching this improved service to save users time and money,” says Young C. Chang, Director, Web-based Products. “This latest service provides a cost-effective, simple web-based tool for both PC and MAC users to obtain easy access to key documents.”
AIA Documents-on-Demand allow users who do not need or cannot afford the convenience, extensive selection and ease-of-use of AIA Contract Document software to purchase and download only the AIA Contract Document forms and agreements necessary for a certain project. Access to the service is free. The price per document varies from $4.95 to $19.95.
To encourage architects, contractors and other industry professionals to try out the new service, the AIA is offering a free download. To receive a free download, call 1-877-AIA-DOCS. The promotion code will then be provided by email. This promotion starts on October 20th and ends on October 23rd.
While the AIA may consider adding more documents in the future, initially, the following documents are available on AIA Documents-on-Demand:
1. A101–2007, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor where the basis of payment is a Stipulated Sum
2. A105–2007, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor for a Residential or Small Commercial Project
3. A201–2007, General Conditions of the Contract for Construction
4. A401–2007, Standard Form of Agreement Between Contractor and Subcontractor
5. B101–2007, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect
6. B105–2007, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect for a Residential or Small Commercial Project
7. G701–2001, Change Order
8. G701CMa–1992, Change Order, Construction Manager-Adviser Edition
9. G702–1992, Application and Certificate for Payment
10. G702CMa–1992, Application and Certificate for Payment, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition
11. G703–1992, Continuation Sheet
12. G704–2000, Certificate of Substantial Completion
13. G706–1994, Contractor’s Affidavit of Payment of Debts and Claims
14. G706A–1994, Contractor’s Affidavit of Release of Liens
15. G732–2009 , Application and Certificate for Payment, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition
16. G736–2009, Project Application and Project Certificate for Payment, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition
The new version of AIA Documents-on-Demand will be available beginning October 20, 2009. AIA Documents-on-Demand can be purchased at documentsondemand.aia.org.
More information about AIA Contract Documents can be found at www.aia.org/contractdocs. AIA Contract Documents software can be purchased at www.aia.org/contractdocs/purchase <http://www.aia.org/contractdocs/purchase> . Documents in paper form are available through the AIA’s full service distributors. For a listing of full service distributors and pricing information, please visit www.aia.org/docs_purchase.
About The American Institute of Architects
For over 150 years, members of the American Institute of Architects have worked with each other and their communities to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings and cityscapes. By using sustainable design practices, materials and techniques, AIA architects are uniquely poised to provide the leadership and guidance needed to provide solutions to address climate change. AIA architects walk the walk on sustainable design. Visit www.aia.org/walkthewalk.