The Florida Roofing, Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors Association will be holding its 88th Annual Convention and Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Expo June 16-19, 2010 in Orlando, Fla. Both events will be held at the luxurious Rosen Shingle Creek Resort and Convention Center.
Included in the trade show schedule is a series of seminars designed to address roofing-specific issues, while providing the continuing education credits needed by Florida’s licensed roofing professional. Some of the seminar topics include:
• The Costs of being Green with instructor Dick Baxter, CRS, Inc
• Wind Mitigation – Secondary Water Barriers and Florida’s Advanced Energy Code Update with Lorraine Ross, BRB Code Educators
• Contractor Licensing Issue and Construction Contracts with Trent Cotney, Glenn Rasmussen, Fogarty and Hooker, Pa.
Other items of interest on the schedule include:
• Golf, Fishing and Go-Kart Tournaments on Wednesday, June 16
• The grand opening of the Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Expo on June 17
• Programs for both the women and children
• A gala reception and banquet held on Saturday night during which the prestigious Campanella Award will be presented to one industry professional who has distinguished themselves through exceptional service to the association and industry.
A discounted rate applies to all who register by May 18.
Additional information on both the trade show and convention can be accessed through the FRSA website: www.floridaroof.com. Those interested in reserving exhibit space can call Lois Page at 800-767-3772, ext. 177.
FRSA is one of the largest state trade associations in the United States. Its main purpose is to foster ethical business practices, protect consumer interests and promote the industries it represents.