The Midwest Roofing Contractors Association Foundation is a non-profit
organization established by the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association. The Foundation’s purpose is to provide financial assistance to students pursuing curriculum at an accredited university, college, community college, or trade school, in construction management or related field.
For more than 20 years the MRCA Foundation has been raising awareness and improving the roofing industry by supporting educational and professional development programs, industry research, and funding scholarships.
“This year’s recipients were selected from a talented pool of applicants,” said Rod Petrick, MRCA Foundation President. “It was refreshing to see the academic and social pursuits of all the applicants. I’m thrilled we’re in a position to help these students achieve their goals.”
The Foundation has awarded 12, $1000 scholarships for the 2011-2012 school year. The recipients are:.
- Levi Brown of Spencer, IN (Ivy Tech College)
- Brett Foster of Lakeville, MN (Milwaukee School of Engineering)
- Andrea Hardy of Tempe, AZ (Arizona State University)
- Mallory Hoffman of Stillwater, MN (Century College)
- Brandon Janik of Orland Park, IL (Marquette University)
- Matthew Machowski of Berlin, CT (Tunxis Community College)
- Michael Mattern of Attica, IN (Purdue University)
- Erica Reisinger of Shorewood, IL (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Aaron Richardson of Milwaukee, WI (Milwaukee School of Engineering)
- Katherine Runyon of Crown Point, IN (Missouri University of Science and Engineering)
- Casey Steil of Paradise Valley, AZ (Arizona State University)
- Roberta Snoke of Sugar Grove, OH (Columbus State Community College)
Scholarship recipients are selected by the MRCA Foundation Board based on application materials; the winners will be recognized at the MRCA 62nd Annual Conference, October 26-28, Rosemont, IL. For more information about the MRCA Foundation or to make a donation visit www.mrca.org.
The MRCA Foundation is a not-for-profit organization which exists solely on tax-deductable contributions.