The Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association will hold its Fall Meeting October 17–19 in at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel in Chicago. The meeting will begin with a tour of the Owens Corning Technical Laboratory and Facility followed by two days of detailed presentations and discussions on the critical issues of importance to the roof coatings industry.
Attendees will tour the Owens Corning Technical Laboratory and Facility on the afternoon of Wednesday, October 17th. During the tour, Owens Corning will demonstrate their testing laboratory capabilities and testing methods. Attendees can expect to see how materials are received by the facility and will have the opportunity to view a constructed model simulating what takes place inside of an asphalt oxidizer. Following the tour, Owens Corning will offer an Asphalt 101 Workshop which will focus on the asphalt market and what key components drive changes in the market, including the impact of crude oil pricing.
On Thursday, October 18th and Friday, October 19th, committee chairs will provide updates from their respective committees and will lead discussions on issues related to technical subjects, solar reflective coatings, codes and standards / building and sustainability codes, member services and government affairs. Several guest speakers will present on topics pertaining to the roof coatings industry, including:
· Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance Issues and Activities
Rick Duncan, Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance
· National Roofing Contractors Association Update
Mark Graham, National Roofing Contractors Association
· Underwriters Laboratories Update
Dwayne Sloan, UL
· Green Chemistry Alliance
Maureen Gorsen, Alston+Bird, LLP
· NRCA Roof Coatings Guide
Dick Baxter, CRS, Inc.
· GHS Hazardous Communications
John Day, Henry Company
For more information on the Fall RCMA Meeting, including a complete schedule of events, registration, and hotel accommodations, please visit www.roofcoatings.org.
The Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association is the national trade association representing manufacturers of cold applied protective roof coatings and cements and suppliers of products, equipment, and/or services to and for the industry. RCMA is committed to continually improving performance and quality of roofing. For additional information, contact RCMA at 202-591-2452 or visit the RCMA website at www.roofcoatings.org.
- Arhitectural Testing moves into larger facility
- Kalzip forms a welcoming wave at Oklahoma University Children’s Hospital
- Multiple Petersen metal panel profiles highlight LEED Gold fire station
- RHEINZINK offers latest generation of environmental product declarations
- Metal Sales receive ‘Declare Label’ from the International Living Future Institute
- There’s more to plane hangar doors than what you may realize
- An argument for fully engineered post-frame buildings
- Product Profile: Ventilation
- Icon offers hydraulic overhead doors
- Midwest Roofing Contractors Association presents industry awards
- Free webinar: Beyond lead generation — developing leads that turn into sales in 2012
- Post frame with panache: Working with architects