United Solar, a leading global manufacturer of Uni-Solar brand rooftop light-weight, low profile and low impact, flexible thin-film solar modules — and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Conversion Devices — announces the launch of a new web site that is easier to navigate, can support more social interaction and is compatible for serving multiple languages for the company’s global brand.
"The world of solar energy continues to evolve as the industry works toward grid parity," said Marcelino Susas, Vice President Corporate Strategy & Marketing. "The new Uni-Solar website is more focused on helping a customer understand solar as an option to utilize alternative energy in the near term future. The more leaders and advocates embrace solar energy, the faster our planet will become a cleaner and safer place to live, work and grow."
The new Uni-Solar website can be found at www.uni-solar.com. The new site emphasizes categories real stories — case studies showing how companies like Coca-Cola are saving $60,000 a year in energy costs at one site using Uni-Solar’s flexible modules — and where Fresh & Easy produces enough energy to power more than 800 homes. This is one way of showing real stories of real power for real users of solar energy — not just promises from a lab.
Phase two of the website is in development and will include multi-lingual sites to represent all of United Solar’s global locations and a section that will allow more connectivity to Uni-Solar’s channel partners and system integrators. Users of the next generation site will also experience a web-based application to help visitors determine which solar technology options are best suited for their needs.
About Energy Conversion Devices/United Solar
Energy Conversion Devices is a leader in building-integrated and rooftop photovoltaics. The company manufactures, sells and installs thin-film solar laminates that convert sunlight to energy using proprietary technology. ECD’s Uni-Solar brand products are unique because of their flexibility, light weight, ease of installation, durability, and real-world efficiency. Through its Solar Integrated Technologies business, the company also designs, manufactures and installs rooftop photovoltaic systems, which enable customers to transform unused space on the rooftop into a value-generated asset. In addition, ECD’s Ovonic Materials Division is the pioneer in NiMH battery technology, and is developing low cost fuel cells, hydrogen production from bioreformation, and hydrogen storage technologies. For more information, please visit www.energyconversiondevices.com.
- Kalzip forms a welcoming wave at Oklahoma University Children’s Hospital
- Multiple Petersen metal panel profiles highlight LEED Gold fire station
- RHEINZINK offers latest generation of environmental product declarations
- Metal Sales receive ‘Declare Label’ from the International Living Future Institute
- There’s more to plane hangar doors than what you may realize
- Hangar door tips for builders : Some pointers for proper installation of plane hangar doors
- An argument for fully engineered post-frame buildings
- Product Profile: Ventilation
- Icon offers hydraulic overhead doors
- Midwest Roofing Contractors Association presents industry awards
- Free webinar: Beyond lead generation — developing leads that turn into sales in 2012
- Post frame with panache: Working with architects