Expect drones to be commonplace on the construction site in the years to come, as well as autonomous equipment, and expect cloud-based software to help you keep your business up and going. Those were among the findings of a new Construction Technology Trends survey conducted by Software Connect.
In September 2017, the company surveyed 158 construction industry professionals from small to midsize (SMB) businesses in North America about their current technology and software uses—as well as future plans. The key findings:
- Expect drones to be commonplace. 26% of SMB construction professionals are already using or plan to use by 2020.
- Expect larger tech budgets. 81% of respondents plan to spend more on technology over the coming year compared to last.
- Project tracking, estimating, and job costing are the most commonly required software functions.
- Software ease-of-use is king. Cited as the most important factor when purchasing new software; even over software functionality and cost.
- Construction software buyers are more willing to review cloud-hosted software. 5% more than all other industries.