Door maker A.J. Manufacturing, Inc., of Bloomer, Wis., was honored with a 2009 Business of the Year award by the Chippewa County Economic Development Corporation. AJ was nominated by the Bloomer Industrial Development Corporation and was recognized for its:
• Commitment to a safe work place,
• Commitment to employee training – technical and soft skills
• Investment in quality facilities, tools, equipment, and technology
• Job creating and retention
• Participation in local and regional economic development activities
• Product and Market development
Todd Carlson, general manager, expressed his thanks to employees, customers and the community for the recognition. "Thank you for your commitment to excellence, customer service and keeping A.J. on the path to success," Carlson said.