Drexel Metals announced a new coil and sheet residential product offering of 26-gauge painted Galvalume products with a 25-year SMP (siliconized modified polyester) paint system aimed to allow Drexel Metals contractors and distributors to compete with the lighter and wider competitive metal panel offerings as well as asphalt shingles.
“Not everyone wants to pay for the Cadillac when all they want is a reliable car” says Bob Franco, CEO of Drexel Metals. “This product offering allows our customers a more economical option to offer a better /best scenario when competing with exposed fastener panels and asphalt shingles yet still getting a quality metal roof.”
“It’s an exciting time at Drexel Metals … we’ve introduced a bunch of new products this year and this is another great tool for our customers to use when price becomes the deciding factor for our customers’ customer without sacrificing quality…it’s the right product for the economic environment we’re in,” says Brian Partyka, EVP of business development for Drexel Metals.
Drexel Metals SMP program includes 11 standard colors plus Drexlume (Acrylic Coated Galvalume)
- Colors include: Country Red / Charcoal / Ash Gray / Black / Regal Red / Royal Brown / Fern Green / Beige / Gallery Blue / Burnished Slate and Pure White. (All products are listed with Energy Star and qualify for the 2013 tax credit)
- Gauge: 26 gauge
- Paint System: Akzo Nobel – Ceram-A-Star(R) 1050
- Coil Width: 20″ – 1,000L/F per coil
- Sheets: 48″ x 120″ – pallets of 50 sheets (available with and without film)
- Warranty: 25 year Chalk, Fade and film integrity.
- Complete with a residential metal roofing brochure and Drexel Metals SMP color chart are available.
Products are stocked at all Drexel Metals locations for quick and easy shipment.