National Gypsum Company today announced the launch of its new green website, www.ngc-green.com .
Architects, product specifiers, customers and the general public can use the site to find practical information on how National Gypsum’s products, processes and plant network make positive contributions to green building practices.
The new site includes tools such as a Product Sustainable Features page that lists National Gypsum wallboard plants, their use of recycled content and the distance between the plant and its gypsum source.
Additional features available on the website include:
· An interactive map allowing users to scroll over a plant location to see if a jobsite is within a 500-mile radius of the plant’s shipping area
· A project gallery spotlighting unique green building projects using National Gypsum products
· A product list, which includes details on National Gypsum products that have earned GreenGuard certification for meeting the industry’s toughest indoor air quality standards
· Detail about the company’s sustainable manufacturing processes
· Links to valuable resources including the NGC Gypsum Construction Guide; the Gypsum Association Sustainability site; the USGBC site; Code Reports, Assembly Drawings; and the Fire & Sound Selector Guide.
“The new site will evolve and introduce new information regularly,” said Mundise Mortimer, manager, Technical Marketing. “We want project designers and specifiers to have all the information they need to design the walls and ceilings for their projects.”
National Gypsum, based in Charlotte, N.C., is a leading supplier of wallboard, drywall finishing products, and cement board to the construction industry. In addition to its wallboard plants, it operates its own paper mills and gypsum mines and quarries. Primary products include Gold Bond Brand gypsum board, ProForm Brand drywall finishing and PermaBase brand cement board products.