PITTSBURGH – PPG Industries’ industrial coatings business will exhibit an expanded line of Durastar coil coatings and a new line of Duraform coil coatings in booth 629 at the 2013 Frame Building Expo in Memphis, Tenn., Feb. 22-24.
PPG recently extended the Durastar product line to include Durastar SMP and Durastar SMP Ultra-Cool coatings, formerly known as Superl II and Superl II Ultra-Cool coatings respectively. Both products feature silicone-modified polyester formulations for better chalk-, fade-, moisture- and corrosion-resistance in harsh-weather environments. Durastar SMP Ultra-Cool coatings add PPG’s proprietary infrared (IR)-reflective coating technolgy, which deflects heat from buildings to keep them cooler and enable them to use less energy.
All Durastar coatings are based on proven PPG formulations that have been used on buildings and building products for more than a decade. They provide excellent ultraviolet (UV) durability, good hardness and an optimized primer.
The PPG exhibit also will have information about Duraform coatings, a line of next-generation polyester coatings re-engineered by PPG to optimize performance characteristics for specific market applications. Duraform BP coatings have improved UV durability and dirt resistance, and they are designed specifically for building product applications. Other Duraform products, which build on and replace the Truform line of polyester coatings by PPG, include Duraform AP for appliances; Duraform HV for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) components; Duraform DR for doors; Duraform TR for transportation; Duraform LF for lighting; and Duraform CP for consumer products.
The PPG booth also will highlight next-generation Duranar (R) coatings. One of the industry’s most trusted and specified 70-percent fluoropolymer coatings, Duranar coil coatings have been reformulated with a lead-free composition, improved solar reflectance index (SRI), a wider color range, optimized primer and other upgrades.
To learn more, visit PPG at booth 629, visit www.ppgideascapes.com or call 1-888-PPG-IDEA (774-4332).
- RHEINZINK Roof Helps Replicate 16th Century Look and Feel for New Barn
- METAL ROOFERS: WHAT’S YOUR OUTLOOK FOR 2015?
- Time lapse video: Minnesota McDonald’s constructed in 3 minutes
- Construction Backlog Indicator Reaches Another All-Time High
- Bradbury Announces People on the Move
- DBCI Celebrates Nationwide 5-Year Safety Milestone
- An argument for fully engineered post-frame buildings
- Product Profile: Ventilation
- Icon offers hydraulic overhead doors
- Midwest Roofing Contractors Association presents industry awards
- Free webinar: Beyond lead generation — developing leads that turn into sales in 2012
- Post frame with panache: Working with architects