Beckers Group has issued its new Sustainability Report. This is the Group’s fourth report and for the first time addresses the Global Reporting Initiative reporting level, GRI 4, and the respective stakeholder dialogue. As in previous years it informs about the company’s highlights, product and process developments, global goals and local initiatives.
A series of personal interviews illustrate how Beckers’ sustainability idea and practice have been traveling across regions and functions and throughout all levels of the organization in the last years. It details some of the company’s social responsibility projects as well as how it adheres to standards of transparent and ethical governance.
“Our commitment to sustainability is as strong as ever,” said Dr. Boris Gorilla, CEO, Beckers Group. “At Beckers, we have always viewed sustainability not only as an imperative for our business, serving our customers’ needs, but also considered it as one key element driving Beckers’ people and our culture.”
The report fulfills the requirements of GRI 4.
Some highlights from the report:
- Updating Beckers’ Code of Conduct
- Beckers’ New Product Sustainability Index tool
- Beckers’ first of its kind GRI 4 materiality analysis
- Supporting education opportunities around the globe
- A range of new renewable based products
The report also allows Beckers to review its sustainability initiatives and actions taken during 2015. The company’s efforts have already led to numerous tangible improvements versus 2014:
- Emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC) have been further reduced by 10%
- Greenhouse gas emissions could be stabilized at the same level
- Waste generated was again reduced by more than 10%