Rosemont, Ill. — Roof Integrated Solar Energy Inc. has announced its newest Certified Solar Roofing Professionals. The CSRP designation is a voluntary certification for professionals who plan and oversee the installation of roof-mounted photovoltaic systems. The credential evaluates whether candidates have the underlying knowledge required to successfully install roof-mounted PV systems.
The board of directors of RISE Inc. has conferred the designation of CSRP on the following individuals for meeting established eligibility criteria, passing a challenging examination and agreeing to develop themselves professionally to remain current with changes in the field. The CSRP designation applies only to the individuals named. Companies are not certified. The following CSRPs successfully passed a rigorous exam Feb. 18 to obtain certification:
- Leonard Austin, technical services manager for Derbigum Americas, Kansas City.
- Tom Barry, photovoltaic installer for Statewide Roofing Inc., Islip, N.Y.
- Greg J. Carlson, president of Carlson Roofing Co. Inc., Hillsboro, Ore.
- Michael Godfrey, vice president of Godfrey Roofing Inc., Ottawa, Ontario
- Joe Irwin, project manager for J.A. Piper Roofing Co. Inc., Greenville, S.C.
- Aaron Martin, president of DRI Commercial Corp., Irvine, Calif.
- John E. McReynolds, energy engineer for Derbigum Americas, Kansas City, Mo.
- John D. Patterson, manager for DRI Commercial Corp., Irvine, Calif.
- Scott Siegal, owner of Jamsco Inc. t/a Maggio Roofing Co., Takoma Park, Md.
- Richard Snediker, consultant-project manager for A-1 Roofing, Lakewood, Colo.
- Garry L. Todd, president of Commercial Roof Management Services Inc., Bogart, Ga.
The next CSRP exam is scheduled for May 13. For more information about RISE and the CSRP designation, visit www.riseprofessional.org or contact Jeanne Schehl, CSRP program director, at (800) 323-9545, ext. 7566 or email@example.com.
RISE was created by the Center for Environmental Innovation in Roofing and National Roofing Contractors Association to provide a means of evaluating and certifying solar roofing professionals to support the widespread use of rooftop solar energy. RISE evaluates and certifies solar energy installers for knowledge about critical roof system construction and maintenance practices necessary to support successful rooftop solar energy installations based on principles regarding the installation and maintenance of rooftop solar energy systems without adversely affecting roof system performance and service life. RISE also provides the public with tools to identify skilled rooftop solar energy professionals.